Marinated Griddled Pork Chop with Summer Lentils
A delicious pork chop recipe bursting with summer flavours, perfect for an alfresco dinner.
For the Marinade
1 lemon (Zest)
1 Sprig of Thyme
1 clove of garlic Garlic.
Pinch of salt
For the Dish
1 small onion (chopped finely)
1 Garlic Clove
1 Red Chilli
5/6 pieces of Artichokes from a Jar of Artichokes (sliced)
1/2 Cup of Frozen Peas
12 or so Capers
1/2 Vegetable Stock Pot
1/4 Glass of White Wine
1/2 cup of water
1 can of Green Lentils
1/2 small tub of Creme Fraiche.. (optional)
1. Rub pork chop with the marinade of Olive Oil, Fresh Thyme, a little Sea Salt and Thinly Sliced Garlic and Lemon Zest. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven on 180°c.
3. In a frying pan gently fry the finely sliced Onion, Garlic, Chilli and Artichoke until Onion is soft.
4. Add Capers and Peas, turning up the heat a little then add the White Wine.
5. Cookout the alcohol before adding the Vegetable Stock Pot, Water and Creme Fraiche.
6. Add the Lentils and simmer for 20 min. When lentils are ready, finish with a Squeeze of Lemon.
7. Place your Chop on a hot Griddle and sear on both sides for around 4 min a side. Place in Oven for around 10 min depending on the thickness of the chop.
Thanks to garyj_cook
for sharing this fantastic recipe!