Puddledub's rolled pork belly is a great tasting cut. Here's some tips on how to cook your pork belly.
- Score the pork belly using a very sharp knife.
- Lay the pork, skin-side up, on a rack in a roasting tin. Rub with oil and scatter with salt. This process helps the fat run out and the skin to crisp. Transfer to a heated oven. Check your recipe for times and temperatures. Pork belly needs a combination of slow gentle heat to tenderise the meat, plus a shorter blast at a higher heat to crisp up the skin.
- Here we cook at 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4 for 2 hours 15 minutes then turn up the oven to to 200C/fan 180C/ gas 6 for a further 35 minutes to crisp the crackling,
- Once cooked and tender (this can be easily tested by piercing the flesh with a knife), remove pork from the oven, then leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving
Our homegrown pork is delivered to you directly from our family farm in Fife, Scotland. We breed and raise our own pigs to give you great tasting pork and a provenance you can trust.
- Energy: 1332 kJ/ 320 kcal
- Fat: 23.4g, of which Saturates: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0g, of which Sugars: 0g
- Fibre: 0g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Salt: 0.24g
Sorry, no products reviews. Be the first to review this product using the form below.